Re: Requirements for official Debian images

Hi all,

I'm terribly sorry I couldn't make it to Debconf 15, particularly because it would have been
a) my first one and
b) Heidelberg is only an hour away from where I live.

Zitat von Olivier Berger <olivier.berger@telecom-sudparis.eu>:
It seems that complying with licences (like GPL written offer, etc.) and
providing a pointer to the sources is a basic requirement, but there are
also issues about the "trade mark" I think (again, I haven't been able
to attend another talk about what can be called Debian :-/).
My very first post to this ML was about a trademark issue, and I wanted to know if the account 'deb' was official. Excerpt from my April '15 mail: "I noticed an account on atlas (formally vagrantcloud.com) that uses the name "deb" and the debian logo"
This is the account in question: https://atlas.hashicorp.com/deb

I CC'ed the trademark team on the issue, but 4 month later, the debian logo is still in use on that account. This isn't a major crime and not highly important, but if we want to provide official debian images for vagrant on atlas, then we should IMHO be the only one using the debian logo, else people will get confused.

Do you think we need to nudge the trademark team again to find out the current status?

Cheers
jan

--
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 0x514FCA9C
F013 93C0 306C 1E31 4E00  09FA 21EC A2F6 514F CA9C