Re: AWS EC2: Jessie 8.1 AMIs

On Tue, Jun 09, 2015 at 07:33:47AM +0800, James Bromberger wrote:
> Its noted in cloud init in
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1382118.

Ok, but this is upstream cloud-init.

The issue here is not about cloud-init in a generic sense, but specifically
about the cloud-init version that Debian ships, and more specifically,
the one we ship in jessie, as that's the version VPS providers are using
for Debian 8 images.

I'll file an "important" bug in our BTS. IMHO, we should really fix
this in stable (and release managers want bugs in our BTS before
allowing package updates in stable).

> Post the merge I am doing with anders well look to either remove the
> entry from sshd_config or generate the key outside of cloud init
> until cloud innit gets an update.

Removing functionality from another package would not be very elegant.
We should better respect the defaults from the openssh-server package.

Please "dpkg-reconfigure openssh-server" or just parse the current
sshd_config file. A simple "grep ^HostKey /etc/ssh/sshd_config" and a
little bit of "sed" would be enough.

Thanks.