Re: AWS summits

On 19 March 2014 07:46, olivier sallou <olivier.sallou@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello.
Small update from me.
As I started teaching one course (Django - so involving Python,
but nothing cloud-related), I've put moving GCE to Python
on hold for now, unless until course is fully running.

Hi Tomasz. I will continue soon some testing over what you done for GCE.
You already made a very good job at providing something functional, waiting for a SDK package.

I think, (Anders?), that we could soon merge your code to the bootstrap-vz main branch, and that it could be updated after that when a Google Cloud SDK is available.

Olivier

As for cloud-related activities - I'm fighting with Glacier,
spreading download over time. Testing really takes time here...

I'll be at AWS Summit in Berlin on 2014-05-15; I've already
registered. If someone wants to meet there (or around that time),
I'll gladly do so.
James - any tips for people I should meet or interesting talks
which relate to cloud in open source?
I intend to see talk "Amazon Linux - The Operating System of the Cloud"
by Chris Schlaeger, but rest of the talks does not seem connected
to Debian-cloud topics.

Best regards.

--
Tomasz Rybak  GPG/PGP key ID: 2AD5 9860
Fingerprint A481 824E 7DD3 9C0E C40A  488E C654 FB33 2AD5 9860

--
gpg key id: 4096R/326D8438  (keyring.debian.org)
Key fingerprint = 5FB4 6F83 D3B9 5204 6335  D26D 78DC 68DB 326D 8438

I think, (Anders?), that we could soon merge your code to the bootstrap-vz main branch, and that it could be updated after that when a Google Cloud SDK is available.
Yep, code looks good *except* for the sleep statements, I'd like to avoid those, it really should be possible to do it without them.
Maybe I'll try having a go at it myself.

Anders