RE: GPU instance with debian HVM AMI?

Hi,

The Debian AMIs are not yet blessed for G2. They would at this stage require the nvidia drivers at this stage, and as this would conflict with the Debian Free Software Gidelines, I have not (yet) produced a Debian + NVidia AMI. I am hoping that Nouveau will be blessed for use on this instance type in a few weeks, and at that stage I'll apply for the AMI to be approved for this instance type.

There are other issues that I have seen with the Debian AMI on the g1 instance - I am trying to find some time for me to look deeper into this (probably next week).

  James

James Bromberger | Solution Architect | Amazon Web Services