Re: (dist)-upgrades

On 06/03/2013 03:10 AM, Anders Jackson wrote:
> Using OpenStack version name as a suffix on package names for supported
> versions of OpenStack in backports would allow two (or more) versions in
> the repository and also make witch version in use obvious and old
> obsolete versions would also be removed from backports when upgrading to
> next versions. For instance, install openstack-latest or
> openstack-stable would select the right named versions.

We are talking about (at least) 20 source packages resulting in 74
binary packages here! And that's not including all the python
dependencies that go with them, last time I counted about 50 of them
(some versions might be incompatible with each other). I'm (nearly)
alone to do the work, plus it's not trivial to test all of that, and the
upgrade path.

There is only 24 hours in a day, and some times I do sleep or eat... :)

Thomas

P.S: *Please*, I registered to the list, you don't need to send 2 copies
to me on all of your replies.