Re: (dist)-upgrades

Den 31 maj 2013 14:13 skrev "Thomas Goirand" <zigo@debian.org>:

> On 05/31/2013 05:25 AM, Anders Jackson wrote:
> >
> > Den 30 maj 2013 20:03 skrev "Thomas Goirand" <zigo@debian.org
> > <mailto:zigo@debian.org>>:

> >> That's more or less what I believe/hope yes.
> >>
> >> Also, the Debian PPA thing for OpenStack should also be considered as
> >> very important, and part of the above summary, as it will be the end of
> >> all problems! :)
> >
> > Is it Debian backports to stable you are thinking of?  As Debian doesn't
> > have any PPA infrastructure.
> >
> > Anders
>
> You are right, Debian doesn't *currently* have PPA infrastructure,
> though the FTP masters are currently working on it, and this may become
> available at the end of this year. This has been announced in the
> debian-devel@lists.debian.org list. As soon as it is available, I'll use
> that.

Ok, have missed that one. But I would prefer my infrastructure being dependent on Debian and not explicitly of one developers repository.

That's why I think that backport would be a better solution for Debian stable users getting support for what is in testing/Sid.

Yes, I have used Ubuntu PPA:s before and it has worked, sort of. Depending on what time and interest the developer had to support his PPA.

As for developers having their own repository they shared, it has been done before. Don't see any difference between a PPA and a developers repository at his own Debian web page.

Any way, it's only my 50 öre so just read and ignore.

> Thomas

Anders