Re: (dist)-upgrades

On 2013-06-02 12:48:49 +0200 (+0200), Anders Jackson wrote:
[...]
> I'll do, and if you don't want this kind of misunderstandings,
> don't call it something it isn't...

I have to say, I find it hilarious when the exact same discussions
play out for a second time on a new mailing list. Based on the
original thread[1] on debian-devel, it seems unlikely in the extreme
they will be called "PPAs" anyway, and it's amusing that anyone
might even assume they would to begin with.

So far the naming proposal with the most support has been to call
them "bikesheds" for... well... reasons ironic to the sorts of
debates we always seem to have about such things.

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2013/05/msg00861.html

--
{ PGP( 48F9961143495829 ); FINGER( fungi@cthulhu.yuggoth.org );
WWW( http://fungi.yuggoth.org/ ); IRC( fungi@irc.yuggoth.org#ccl );