Re: Please let's not talk about "clouds"

    > It sounds like what you're talking about is rental of a remote virtual
    > computer with certain specific features that are useful for offering
    > Internet services to the public.
    >
    > If you think that is mistaken, could you tell me what the error is?

    Indeed, I believe you are mistaken.

It's not clear I am mistaken.  Let's look at it:

    Last week at the OpenStack Summit in Portland, the United States
    National Security Agency (NSA) talked about the fact that they have a
    very successful on-premise OpenStack "cloud" for the use of their own
    use at their own facilities only. No public sites are offered. The point
    is not "for offering Internet services to the public".

I said "with certain specific features that are useful for offering
Internet services to the public".  The fact that they are useful in
other cases too doesn't contradict what I said.

However, I could change it to

    It sounds like what you're talking about is rental of a remote virtual
    computer with certain specific features that are useful for offering
    Internet services to be accessed from various computers.

if that is clearer.  Do you see anything wrong with that?

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation