Re: [RFR] Press release about Debian on public clouds

On 03/16/2013 12:29 PM, Charles Plessy wrote:
> Packages.debian.org indicates packages in Experimental
>    to be "rc-buggy" no matter their bug status

Yes, this shocks me as well. Who can we pinged to get
this go away?

On 03/16/2013 12:29 PM, Charles Plessy wrote:
> For instance
> they do not offer facilities such as cloud-init
I agree cloud-utils is quite important (for those who didn't
read JD's blog, and to make sure I understood: it's the
thing that catches the instance metadata, and sets
various things such as your virtual machine hostname,
etc., and set them up at boot time).

I mildly agree with Zack that doing announces is important.
If it can bring some more help, and more users, I do think
it's a good idea to advertize about what we are doing.

Though I also agree with Charles that it's too early to
announced about a ready to use releases.

So probably, it might be a good idea to only tell that we
did start such initiative of creating Debian official cloud
images, but we don't consider them of release quality yet,
and invite anyone to report problems with these beta
images. I would also vote for waiting that cloud-init is
in them. What do you think Charles? Would that be ok?

Thomas