Re: [RFR] Press release about Debian on public clouds

Le Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 02:46:39AM +0800, Thomas Goirand a écrit :

> So probably, it might be a good idea to only tell that we
> did start such initiative of creating Debian official cloud
> images, but we don't consider them of release quality yet,
> and invite anyone to report problems with these beta
> images. I would also vote for waiting that cloud-init is
> in them. What do you think Charles? Would that be ok?

I think that with the recent opening of wheezy-backports and
squeeze-backports-sloppy, there is definitely an interesting move to consider.

    https://lists.debian.org/20130318125902.GA18276@anguilla.debian.or.at

Can we discuss on a timeline ?  Would people be comfortable with a one-month
period to test the possibility to prepare stable or testing images with recent
cloud-init and euca2ools, resolve potential disagreements (I want psmisc for
/usr/bin/killall, please :), and prepare actual images to distribute ?

(By the way, I agree that the second draft sent by Stefano solves the problem that was
caused by the recommendation to run private clouds in the initial proposal).

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan