Re: training sessions

On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 4:43 AM, Loic Dachary <loic@dachary.org> wrote:
> On 12/05/2012 10:22 AM, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
>> On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 07:43:53AM +0800, James Bromberger wrote:
>>> PPS: Any DD wanting some personal training from me also let me know and
>>> I can set up a Webex and conf call to discuss what's in the account and
>>> how to use it - in the next few weeks.)
>> I think that some sort of training sessions between people interested in
>> debian cloud would be great. I suspect people (including myself) would
>> prefer to run them using free technologies, but as long as there are
>> mentors and mentees, whatever works...
>>
>> I'd be personally interested in a training session on EC2-related
>> technologies, as I know the basics but get lost when the buzzword level
>> scales up too much :)
>>
>> Cheers.
> I'm available to deliver a training session / part of it on how to use the EC2 API to drive an OpenStack cloud ( http://docs.openstack.org/developer/nova/devref/api.html#ec2-api ).
>
> Cheers

If there is need for additional training sessions, I have been working
with EC2 since 2008, and am very familiar with the lingo, and have
given AWS presentations before. Perhaps, since we already have a
volunteer to run a training session, I can write up some
documentation, starting with an EC2 FAQ? Where in the wiki would be
the best place to start an EC2 FAQ, if this makes sense?

Cheers,
Brian