Re: AWS Debian Stable 6.0.6 Image: Testing please

On 2012-11-17 09:49:06 +1100 (+1100), Craig Small wrote:
[...]
> We'll be making AMIs; we'll be making whatever Azure needs; we'll
> make whatever openstack needs; all this requires is people to work
> on it.
[...]

This I wasn't concerned about, just the suggestion that so far only
Amazon had mustered sufficient "volunteer energy" to provide Debian
images for their customers. I understand it probably wasn't what
Stefano meant to imply.

I merely wanted to point out that most other providers already offer
Debian images to their customers (some for quite a long time); and
that many of these other providers have not only already solved the
problem of building images using all free tools, but in fact even
run them on top of free software. Having not used Amazon's services,
I was honestly somewhat surprised to learn through this thread that
they did not provide such images themselves already.
--
{ WHOIS( STANL3-ARIN ); WWW( http://fungi.yuggoth.org/ );
FINGER( fungi@yuggoth.org ); IRC( fungi@irc.yuggoth.org#ccl );