Re: Debian AMI Images *not only* for AWS (Was: Debian Images on Amazon Web Services)

On Nov 09, Charles Plessy <plessy@debian.org> wrote:

> I think that the best way to do so is to use Debian Installer directly to build
> images.  First, it is very flexible, customisable, scriptable, translated, etc.

FWIW, this has been my experience as well for building Debian and Ubuntu
images. Building them with debootstrap has been much less reliable due
to the many hacks needed, so I switched to preseeding.

(Also, all the fdisk-like programs I tried to use to partition the
images have really annoying misfeatures. Now I have hundreds of systems
installed with no gap for grub2 after the MBR.)

--
ciao,
Marco