Re: What is the most convenient way to accept the terms of use of the AWS Marketplace ?

Hi Ian (2012.12.19_10:01:54_+0200)
> Do you really mean the Social Contract here? Because that is a very odd
> thing to expect our users to accept in order to use Debian.

Seems to be the case.  I see it [0] linked from the bottom of the market
place page [1] and again on the launch confirmation page.

[0] https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/agreement?asin=B00AA27RK4
[1] https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/pp/B00AA27RK4

> If we absolutely have to have a EULA then something akin to the default
> MOTD would seem more appropriate, i.e.:
>
>         The programs included with the Debian GNU/Linux system are free software;
>         the exact distribution terms for each program are described in the
>         individual files in /usr/share/doc/*/copyright.
>
>         Debian GNU/Linux comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, to the extent
>         permitted by applicable law.

Agreed. We don't expect our users to agree to anything in the Social
Contract.

SR

--
Stefano Rivera