Re: Cinnamon 4.6 upload to experimental or unstable?

Hi Fabio,

thanks for the review.

On Tue, 02 Jun 2020, Fabio Fantoni wrote:
> - cinnamon-desktop: seems ok
>
> @norbert @maxy:  I think is good take a look to this (
> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=953296 ) about hwdata,

I pushed a changed to use pci.ids (also for B-D!) and adjusted the
debian/rules.

> - python-xapp: upstream have changed the source name to
> python-xapp->python3-xapp

I have updated the watch file, but I don't think there is a need to
change the source package on our side.
Other opinions?

> - cinnamon-session: seems ok, about
> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=959103 probably is
> good remove libgconf2-dev b-d @norbert @maxy what do you think about?

Removed, agreed. I will do build tests before the upload.

> - cinnamon-screensaver: seems ok, I did only a small commit
> https://salsa.debian.org/cinnamon-team/cinnamon-screensaver/-/commit/752fdd12f8fe91c8da399980a7fd6105655a024a

Thanks.

> - cinnamon-settings-daemon: about
> /etc/dbus-1/system.d/org.cinnamon.SettingsDaemon.DateTimeMechanism.conf
> is missed  debian/cinnamon-settings-daemon.maintscript (rm_conffile

Added the maintscript with 4.6.1-1~

> about https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=897577
> libdbus-glib-1-dev seems still used, upstream should be contacted for
> possible changes?

Yes, that is probably a good idea.
Could you please do that?

> - cjs: I suppose that a symbols check (and if needed improvements) is
> need to solves/avoid issue like this:

Hmm, there have been no symbols changes since the last version(s). What
in particular were you thinking about?

> - muffin: in commit
> https://salsa.debian.org/cinnamon-team/muffin/-/commit/07a7a05c860298592b51d9f820de7712315888ce
> I removed a configure parameter not needed anymore (

Thanks.

> about the move of muffin-restart-helper done upstream, @norbert @maxy is
> good to do the same in debian or not?
> https://github.com/linuxmint/muffin/commit/4c9a40e83cf2fb9f32a19441e62a9234d769d285

I am fine with muffing^Wmoving it, but I don't understand the comment
in the upstream commit:
	The 'muffin' package isn't usually installed by default.
What should that mean?

> - nemo: I did only a small commit
> https://salsa.debian.org/cinnamon-team/nemo/-/commit/af3b6f2cb693be87b09c33020e55d430188d9815

Thanks.

> iso-flags-svg have a serious bug open about fails to build that from a

Uuuhhh, I didn't know that this is in the cinnamon team ;-)
I will look into it.

Thanks again

Norbert

Accelia Inc. + IFMGA ProGuide + TU Wien + JAIST + TeX Live + Debian Dev