Re: Cinnamon 4.6 upload to experimental or unstable?

Il 31/05/2020 01:10, Norbert Preining ha scritto:
Hi all,

I have updated all the packages in cinnamon to 4.6, the sources are in
the git repo, experimental branch. Binary builds for amd64 are on OBS
https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/home:npreining:debian-cinnamon

apt sources:
	deb http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/npreining:/debian-cinnamon/Debian_Unstable  ./

I have bumped some of the packages to debhelper 13 and some tweaks here
and there.

Any comments? What about uploading to unstable or experimental?
The changes aren't that invasive, so going into unstable should be fine,
too.

Anyway, any opinion?

Hi, thanks for your work, I didn't test it for now and I looked fast today for a fast review.

- cinnamon-desktop: seems ok

@norbert @maxy:  I think is good take a look to this ( https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=953296 ) about hwdata, seems that only pnp.ids is used (see debian/rules), and reading the bug linked seems that in that case hwdata should be maintained and no other things added, or I'm wrong?

- cinnamon-menus: no upstream changes except version dump, no open bugs about it, so no particular check should be need FWIK

- xapp: seems ok

- python-xapp: upstream have changed the source name to python-xapp->python3-xapp https://github.com/linuxmint/python3-xapp/commit/68622ac4cc499cf73046337bd1f6388c156662a0

  I don't know if is good changes the source name also in debian or only change the debian/watch (even still works thanks for github auto redirect of renamed repositories) @norbert @maxy what do you think about?

- cinnamon-translations: seems ok

- cinnamon-session: seems ok, about https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=959103 probably is good remove libgconf2-dev b-d @norbert @maxy what do you think about?

- cinnamon-screensaver: seems ok, I did only a small commit https://salsa.debian.org/cinnamon-team/cinnamon-screensaver/-/commit/752fdd12f8fe91c8da399980a7fd6105655a024a

- cinnamon-settings-daemon: about /etc/dbus-1/system.d/org.cinnamon.SettingsDaemon.DateTimeMechanism.conf is missed  debian/cinnamon-settings-daemon.maintscript (rm_conffile /etc/dbus-1/system.d/org.cinnamon.SettingsDaemon.DateTimeMechanism.conf) but I didn't remember about the prior version to specify what is the correct including test packages and backports like 4.6.1-1~

about https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=897577 libdbus-glib-1-dev seems still used, upstream should be contacted for possible changes?

- cinnamon-control-center: seems ok

- cjs: I suppose that a symbols check (and if needed improvements) is need to solves/avoid issue like this: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=957089

- muffin: in commit https://salsa.debian.org/cinnamon-team/muffin/-/commit/07a7a05c860298592b51d9f820de7712315888ce I removed a configure parameter not needed anymore ( https://github.com/linuxmint/muffin/commit/f78bf5b309b3d306848f47cc241b31e9399999a7 )

about the move of muffin-restart-helper done upstream, @norbert @maxy is good to do the same in debian or not? https://github.com/linuxmint/muffin/commit/4c9a40e83cf2fb9f32a19441e62a9234d769d285

- nemo: I did only a small commit https://salsa.debian.org/cinnamon-team/nemo/-/commit/af3b6f2cb693be87b09c33020e55d430188d9815

- nemo-python: seems ok

- nemo-fileroller:  no upstream changes except version dump, no open bugs about it, so no particular check should be need FWIK

- cinnamon-desktop-environment: seems ok

Not related to cinnamon 4.6:

iso-flags-svg have a serious bug open about fails to build that from a fast look I not understand how to solve it: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=952331

Best

Norbert

Accelia Inc. + IFMGA ProGuide + TU Wien + JAIST + TeX Live + Debian Dev