Re: chinese characters in windows xp to debian

On 8/4/06, LI Daobing <lidaobing@gmail.com> wrote:
try:

1. sudo apt-get install convmv
2. convmv -f gbk -t utf8 *

looks like a good app, will do that once this is sorted :)

On 8/4/06, William Xu <william.xwl@gmail.com> wrote:
No, run this command in a shell, and show us the output,

$ locale

Sorry, my bad :/ This it the output.

eXiStEnCe:~# locale
LANG=en_GB.UTF-8