Re: chinese characters in windows xp to debian

On Fri, Aug 04, 2006 at 01:13:39PM +0200, KE Liew wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm transfering some songs from Windows to Debian, but I can't see the
> chinese characters, only ?????. I have installed the following fonts.

[snip]

> Are there anymore fonts that I need to install? Maybe Windows Chinese
> TTF fonts? If yes, where do I find them?

I think your problem is not caused by lacking fonts. Instead of that,
it's a character encoding issue.

Could you describe how did you transfer these songs? Where did you see
those "????" character? Is it the filename on your linux filesystem or
the songs' name in some music player?

--
 Best Regards,
 Carlos