Re: apt: 'Yes, do as I say!' should not be translated

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 20:11:17 +0800
Wang WenRui <wangwr@mail.ustc.edu.cn> wrote:

> When removing important packages like 'tar', apt-get will prompt you to
> input 'Yes, do as I say!' to confirm. This text should not be
> translated. What apt-get wants is the string 'Yes, do as I say!'
> exactly, not the translated text.

No, the translation DOES work. Apt just compare the input string with the
translated msg. Perhaps, we shouldn't translate it, because it's not easy to
enter the translated text, especially when you want to REMOVE important
packages. But, one benefit, it's more difficult to do BAD things. ^_^

I saw that ja.po keep it untranslated.

What's the other chinese users' opinion?

--
 Best Regards,
 Carlos