Re: loading chinput ...

> Anyway, in a terminal (rxvt), set your LC_CTYPE to zh_TW.big5
> and start a gnome program (gedit, xchat, gvim, gqview...) which
> uses proper X locale. I think it is still X locale thing.

For "gedit" & "gqview":
All the fonts displayed in big5. No problem at all.

For "xchat":
I got two "Gdk-WARNING":
Gdk-WARNING **: Missing charsets in FontSet creation
Gdk-WARNING **:     BIG5-0

For "gvim":
I got a message: "Input Method Server is not running"

> And you should have:
> zh_TW.big5/XLC_LOCALE:  zh_TW.big5
>
> in your /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/locale/locale.dir

Yes, I have. I also ran "locale-gen" many times.

How should I fix it further? Thanks!

--
Cheers!

Zou Min
zoum@comp.nus.edu.sg
Ski!:
     A shout to alert people ahead that a loose ski is coming down the
     hill.  Another warning skiers should be familiar with is "Avalanche!"
     (which tells everyone that a hill is coming down the hill).
		-- from "The Skier's Dictionary"