Re: Is there anybody interested in supporting GB18030 in debian?

On Sun, Jan 21, 2001 at 06:17:32PM +0800, ha shao wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 20, 2001 at 12:54:13AM -0700, foka@debian.org wrote:
> >
> > Is there an Internet site published by the government about GB18030?  I have
> > no idea where to find more information about it, whereas everything is
> > clearly laid out on www.unicode.org and even www.cns11643.gov.tw (?).
>
> I did not see any.  In my opinion, there should be at least a referal
> (standard) GB18030 font come with the standard. but...

Normally standard organizations (international, national or industrial)
do not publish their standards for free. That's why you can rarely find
any formal standard on internet. You should be able to buy the published
gb18030 standard from "the publisher of China standards".

As a native mainland chinese, I feel terribly embarrassed and shamed that
I have to learn the standard through english documents. Since living in
the wrong side of Pacific ocean, I'm still waiting for my friend to bring
a copy to me.

regards,
rigel