Re: Is there anybody interested in supporting GB18030 in debian?

On Sat, Jan 20, 2001 at 12:54:13AM -0700, foka@debian.org wrote:

> Is there an Internet site published by the government about GB18030?  I have
> no idea where to find more information about it, whereas everything is
> clearly laid out on www.unicode.org and even www.cns11643.gov.tw (?).

I did not see any.  In my opinion, there should be at least a referal
(standard) GB18030 font come with the standard. but...

> Is there similar website about GB18030?  I would be very interested to learn
> more about it.  Thanks!

There are mapping table on IBM's icu source and some summary:
http://oss.software.ibm.com/cvs/icu/~checkout~/icu/source/tools/makeconv/gb18030/gb18030.html

Should be enough, I guess. But it is a shame that we have to
get knowledge about the standard from a commercial company like
IBM instead from some PRC official sites. Afterall, it is a
national standard.

Kudo for IBM though.

A Red Flag guy wrote a tech note in Chinese:
http://d23xapp2.cn.ibm.com/developerWorks/linux/i18n/gb18030/index.shtml

An review on the old, March version is at:
ftp://ftp.oreilly.com/pub/examples/nutshell/cjkv/pdf/GB18030_Summary.pdf

--
Best regard
hashao