Re: Is there anybody interested in supporting GB18030 in debian?

On Sat, Jan 20, 2001 at 09:17:10AM +0800, zw@debian.org wrote:
> Anthony Fok <foka@ualberta.ca> writes:
>
> > On Sat, 20 Jan 2001, suzhe wrote:
> > >   Yes, I have already done a primitive GB18030 patch for XFree86 4.0.2
>
> As rumor said, GB18030 maybe is just on the road to Unicode... So somebody,
> mark-ably the author of Unicode-Linux FAQ, doesn't have much interests to let
> XFree86 see GB18030. And we know he's a strong vocal in the XFree86 world. ;)

We have to bring our users usable environment. If mark-ably doesn't like
it, we will roll in ourselves. GB18030 is mandatory in mainland. If it
is not supported, mainland user won't use it or think it is not complete.

I think suzhe had the most part done for Xlib/Xserver. Well, the
problem is the font. We have no availabe fonts for 18030 arounded.
--
Best regard
hashao