Re: [FWD:] The locale name of Taiwan

Hello Ming-Che,

> 刚刚查一下 X/Open 的规定  zh_TW 还是给 CNS 用

Mr. Hsieh forward your email to debian list. Would you like to point out
what exact X/Open specification you were referring to? X/Open has disappeared
for many years (merged into open group). Probably the only X/Open standard
still can be heard today is XPG4. I seems could not find what you mentioned.
Nor can I find it in XPG4's successors, Unix95 and Unix98 standards, published
by open group.

> 而且 CNS 的字集比 任何一个 Big5 都大, 你要用 Big5? 全面取代 CNS 怎说都说不过去
> 还是你希望 GNU 的系统, 从此进不了金融界跟政府机构的大门。

Calm down, no one is taking away the CNS. It's installed by default, in
zh_TW.euctw. Only need to add one alias in X to make Xlocale working.

> 另外听说 glibc 的 cmap 格式又改了,不知道是改成怎样的标准。

Do you mean charmap file format? It's POSIX conforming, but more restrictive
in that symbolic name must be in Unicode form since glibc get rid of
repertoire files.

Regards,
rigel