Re: Release announcement simplified Chinese translation update

On Wed, Feb 18 2009, Arne Goetje wrote:

> Anthony Wong wrote:
>  > I suggest 1. to convert all existing Chinese WML files for the Debian
>> website from Big5 to UTF-8, and 2. to use MediaWiki's Chinese conversion
>> table to do both TC-SC and SC-TC conversions. This way, we no longer
>> need to care which script the translators use and the burden for them to
>> use Big5 is lifted.
>
>> Any comments?
>
> Excellent idea. :)
> Can we get the MediaWiki conversion table packaged as a library for debian?
>
> Cheers
> Arne

I don't know much about MediaWiki conversion engine. Does it have a
command line interface or library interface?

Another source of conversion table I'd like to suggest is
TongWenTang[1,2], which is a javascript based firefox addons that
provides online web page conversion. I have wrote a simple script
tongwen.py[3] that import table from TongWenTang and convert a
file. It's usable, there maybe exist other similar projects though :)

- Kanru

[1]: http://tongwen.mozdev.org/
[2]: http://of.openfoundry.org/projects/333/rt
[3]: http://github.com/kanru/tongwen-py/