Re: firefly fonts & CJKUnifonts

On Saturday 19 February 2005 20:16, Andrew Lee wrote:
> The GNU web site said APL are still a free software license, please
> see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html
>
> Arphic Public License
>      This is a copyleft free software license, incompatible with
>      the GPL. Its normal use is for fonts, and in that use, the
>      incompatibility does not cause a problem.

I think it does not cause a problem in general, because the only thing
the license requires is, that you state clearly that you've changed the
fonts and mention the original Author. Also, you cannot change the
license.
So, the license is still an open source license, because it permits you
to modify and redistribute the fonts freely. You just have to state it
when you modify them, that's all.

Cheers
Arne
--