SCIM, OpenOffice and The GIMP

Please could anyone set forth how to get SCIM to work with
OpenOffice, The GIMP or Java applications ?

I have it working perfectly with Thunderbird, Firefox, AbiWord and gedit.

Selecting "Smart Pinyin" with OOo Writer etc just results in the
English/Roman characters being inserted into the document/text-field.

Afraid I would not be able to understand any answers in Chinese.Arguably
AbiWord and gedit should be enough for any beginners' exercises I
undertake in the language, but still it would be nice to have SCIM working
with OOo at this point.

Using: Debian Sarge, Gnome 2.8.1

--

questo articolo e` stato inviato via web dal servizio gratuito
http://www.newsland.it/news segnala gli abusi ad abuse@newsland.it