Re: mutt and asian fonts

William Wu <william.wu@free.fr> writes:
> On 08 Sep, 2002, Min Xu wrote :
> > Set you locale to Chinese ones, mutt should automatically turn on
> > Chinese support. LANG=zh_CN.GB2312, for example.
>
> still doesn't work .. I have Mutt 1.3.27i (2002-01-22

In ~/.muttrc, add

set locale=$LANG
set charset=GB2312
set send_charset=us-ascii:gb2312:utf-8

There may be some broken email user agent which set the Content-Type
mail header to iso-8859-1 even the mail is in Chinese, for example,
the very popular foxmail, and mutt can't display those correctly. My work
out is add a charset-hook command:

charset-hook iso-8859-1 gb2312

Good Luck!