Re: Several newbie questions

Kyo.bbs@VOIDbbs.e-fever.org (天下無敵小拳王) writes:

> 1. What is the differences between (woody) freeze begin and offical
> final release? (woody) is equal the the stable version?

first woody freeze, then debian people manage to stablize it, when
done, we release.

for now, stable version is potato, frozen version is woody, unstable
version is sid.

after a while, potato becomes history, woody becomes stable,
yet-not-named becomes testing, sid will be forever unstable.

i suggest you read some docs on www.debian.org, their wording are far
better than mine. ;)

www.debian.org, be patient, search. ;)

> 4. How to change the system from testing/unstable back to stable?

it's hard. don't do it. ;)