Re: Streamlining d-i releases

(Dropping -cd@ and -release@ — and letting them know via bcc —, that's
probably less interesting for them at this point.)

Joerg Jaspert <joerg@debian.org> (2023-04-10):
> I prepared a little script. Now need a SSH key to allow.

Attached.

> Usage is simple, you MUST supply a version, you CAN supply a source and
> a dest suite. Space seperated. It checks amd64s installer in that suite,
> and if the version directory exists, it calls dak copy-installer on it.

LGTM, thanks!

Out of curiosity, what happens if there's one or more missing builds at
some point? Can copy-installer be called several times? A quick glance
at dak/copy_installer.py suggests that check_architecture() does the
right thing (i.e. detect and skip things that exist already).

It seems what matters is the existence of the relevant directories on the
filesystem, which is likely to have happened by the time buildd.debian.org
shows an Installed state (via scripts/debian/byhand-di, called from
daklib/archive.py) but I haven't seen any logs to about auto-byhand so I'm
not entirely sure about the timings.

(In passing The error message has “${SOURCE}s dir” which could get an
apostrophe or lose an s.)