Re: [debian-cd@casulana.debian.org: testingcds 3sidamd64 (amd64 dvd) has failed; log included]

Hello,

On mar., 09 août 2022, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> Ah, sure, that seems quite likely. I did not have the issue in my
> tests, but I tested with a partial mirror as created by simple-cdd so I
> quite likely did not hit the problematic recursive dependency.
>
> Can you point me to the debian-cd configuration that I shall use to reproduce
> the issue?

So the issue was not trivial to reproduce. FWIW, it's only reproducible in
bullseye, for some reason buster was coping fine with it.

But I got it reproduced and the problem was due to packages which have
strong "Recommends" like libapreq2-dev which has "Recommends:
libapreq2-doc (= 2.13-7+b3)" which is not satisfiable. It would never stop
its recursion because the version found was not good for it.

So in the end I have a new patch in the hertzog/bug601203 branch. I'm
doing some further tests but it seems to solve the issue:
https://salsa.debian.org/images-team/debian-cd/-/commit/ca9ac8deac5c1436f4b311a22a34a56f236dfe05

But as I investigated I found more things to fix, like quite
some dead code:
https://salsa.debian.org/images-team/debian-cd/-/commit/e77ade6033445571092e8663ad94a24c7e882b03

I'm going to push this soon but I would love if someone else could
do a test run and ensure it doesn't break anything else.

I have created a merge request to make it easier to review the code if
anyone wants to do it:
https://salsa.debian.org/images-team/debian-cd/-/merge_requests/26

Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Offensive Security ◈ Kali Linux Developer