Re: Debian Strech 9.13 ISO Download - Firefox says its containing a virus

Hi,

Steve McIntyre wrote:
> I hope you're keeping ok!

Sufficiently. I'm bored enough for digging out old kernel bugs and trying
to fix them. (I now got a half assembled new Xeon box with the best
Linux 4.19 drivers/scsi/sr.c and drivers/cdrom/cdrom.c ever ...)

But at this occasion i remember that i wanted to pester you again about

  "Copying a Debian hybrid ISO safely onto a USB flash drive"
  https://wiki.debian.org/XorrisoDdTarget

whether this shall go into the FAQ and whether you as my occasional sponsor
would want it as separate Debian package (else it would be installed as
part of xorriso).

Back to the bug:

Since the warning appeared only with the first download of
debian-9.13.0-amd64-netinst.iso but not with a subsequent one, i used now
the debian-10.5.0-amd64-DVD-1.iso which was reported by Triston Line.

No warning. All seems well again.

> a different Windows program
> hosted elsewhere on the acc.umu.se download service has been flagged
> as malware and that tainted everything hosted at their site.

I know that Google has high expectations towards the capabilities of their
programmers. So i wonder what kind of professional is allowed to define
the strategies of their virus guard.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas