Re: Debian Strech 9.13 ISO Download - Firefox says its containing a virus

Hey Thomas,

I hope you're keeping ok!

On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 04:05:54PM +0200, Thomas Schmitt wrote:

>Well, as upstream programmer i could - intentionally or as victim of
>malware myself - be the culprit who sneaks malware into a Debian ISO.
>I try hard to keep my machines clean and my moral reputable, but in the end
>i do not dare to be more affirmative than "Quite surely".
>
>> I've raised a few tickets with Google
>
>Please notify bug 966538 about any progress.

Nothing visibly came from any of those tickets.

It seems Google have a habit of ignoring you, unless you submit to
their rules and set up a webmaster account on their system. Ugh. :-(

Maswan (admin at acc.umu.se, the hoster for cdimage.d.o) has dug into
this, and it *seems* that our problem was totally unrelated to the
Debian ISO images themselves. Instead, a different Windows program
hosted elsewhere on the acc.umu.se download service has been flagged
as malware and that tainted everything hosted at their site. He's
cleaned up that file and as *far* as I can see the Debian ISO
downloads are working OK here, with no warnings from FF or Chromium.

I'm tagging this bug as done as it seems to be clear now. To the
submitters and anybody else listening: please re-open if you still see
a problem.

< sladen> I actually stayed in a hotel and arrived to find a post-it
          note stuck to the mini-bar saying "Paul: This fridge and
          fittings are the correct way around and do not need altering"