Re: The Debian DVD

Hi Ervin,

On Tue, Jul 07, 2020 at 12:26:38AM +0200, Ervin Dine wrote:
>I used your regular DVD, Debian 10.4 disk 1 to install KDE.
>I could not get a graphical KDE desktop after the install finished. I
>tried a few times, same result.  The same thing happened before with
>LXQT Debian 10.3 dvd disk. I selected LXQT, and no LXQT graphical
>desktop, I only ended up with a terminal.

I've personally tested those images and they worked for me. Can you
share more details of the computer you're using please? That might
give us more of an idea about why things are not working for you.

>There is also a problem when selecting the Standard iso. I tried to
>use the standard iso to install a basic kde desktop but with the
>standard iso it was just not possible to connect to a network
>properly.

Was that a wired or wireless network? Lots of wireless cards
unfortunately need non-free firmware to work, and that is not included
on our normal images. Unofficial images including firmware are built,
you may need one of those.

< Aardvark> I dislike C++ to start with. C++11 just seems to be
            handing rope-creating factories for users to hang multiple
            instances of themselves.