Re: What mirror to use with archived jigdo DVD images ?

On Fri, 15 Dec 2017, Thomas Schmitt <scdbackup@gmx.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> on occasion of a discussion at debian-user i tried to reproduce the
> jigdo-lite problem reported by Nicholas Geovanis in
>   https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2017/12/msg00467.html

Well done :-)

> Further runs with the same mirror fetch always the same two packages
>   gnupg-udeb_1.4.10-4+squeeze1_amd64.udeb

Is this the file you're looking for?

  http://non-us.cdimage.debian.org/snapshot/pool/main/g/gnupg/gnupg-udeb_1.4.10-4+squeeze1_amd64.udeb

If so, I was under the impression that jigdo-lite had that form of URL
hard-coded as a last resort place to find things that it cannot find
elsewhere (that is the reason I'm still hosting the snapshots there,
after all ;-) )

Perhaps the last resort URLs were http://cdimage.debian.org/ (which I
last served a decade or so ago IIRC) in which case we should probably
make cdimage.d.o mirror the snapshots from me, or have it proxy/redirect
back to my server, so that people still get missing files one way or
another.

Cheers, Phil.