Re: What mirror to use with archived jigdo DVD images ?

On Fri 15 Dec 2017 at 08:26:09 +0100, Thomas Schmitt wrote:

> on occasion of a discussion at debian-user i tried to reproduce the
> jigdo-lite problem reported by Nicholas Geovanis in
>   https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2017/12/msg00467.html
>
> My attempt yields better results than for him.
> Nevertheless using
>   http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/archive/6.0.7/amd64/jigdo-dvd/debian-6.0.7-amd64-DVD-1.jigdo

That's the link given by Nicholas Geovanis. It works for me for starting
downloading. I didn't want this image so stopped it after five minutes.

 https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/archive/x.x.x/i386/jigdo-dvd/

has https://... links. These do not work for me. Changing https to http
sees success.

> with no "Files to scan" and default mirror
>   http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/
> i get in the end:
>
>   Aaargh - 7 files could not be downloaded. This should not
>   happen! Depending on the problem, it may help to retry downloading
>   the missing files.

I used http://deb.debian.org/debian and got debian-9.3.0-i386-DVD-1.iso
without any retrying.

--