Re: The Three Requests

On Thu, Oct 20, 2016 at 12:07:01AM +0200, Alexey Eromenko wrote:
>Hi All,
>
>I would like to request small changes from debian-cd team:
>
>1. Hybridize ISO images -- this allows booting from either CD disc
>-or- USB disk using ISO9660 filesystem

We've been doing that for years already.

>2. Please "implantisomd5" -- this allows to do a disc-wide quality
>check easily.
>NOTE: both debian-cd and jigdo-lite must be modified, and should
>performs steps 1+2 before release.
>It makes sense to publish MD5sums / SHA256sums based on final ISO,
>after steps 1+2 were applied.

There's already checksum stuff and a checker inside d-i.

>3. Please add BD-XL 100 GB images to "jigdo" repository. I'm using
>both physical Blu-Ray XL media *and* a lot of ISO images on hard disks
>for virtualization systems. It's *much* much much faster than using
>any online repository.

You've asked for this already several times, and I've said why we're
not doing this already. Without more users asking for it, I'm not
going to add ever-bigger media sizes.

< sladen> I actually stayed in a hotel and arrived to find a post-it
          note stuck to the mini-bar saying "Paul: This fridge and
          fittings are the correct way around and do not need altering"