Re: qcow2 images of Debian 8 (Jessie) for ARM. MIPS and PPC

On 10/03/2016 10:49 AM, Syed Abdul Zuber wrote:
> Hi,
>
> For a project purpose, I am looking for qcow2 images of Debian 8 (Jessie)
> for ARM, MIPS, PowerPC. I didnt find in your website in the following link "
> https://people.debian.org/~aurel32/qemu/";. I can find qcow2 images of only
> Squeeze and Wheezy but not of Jessie.
>
> The images have not been updated since 2014. I am eagerly waiting for
> Jessie qcow2 images.
>
> Will you please share links where I can find qcow2 images of Jessie.
>

> Regards,
> Syed

Hi
Generating official disk images of Debian is a work in process.
I suggest you to have a look at vmdebootstrap or packer

vmdebootstrap --distribution=stable --output jessie.img

will create a raw image that you can afterwards convert to qcow2 format
with qemu-img