Re: Problem between priorities of libisofs6 and libjte1

On Tue, Nov 10, 2015 at 06:09:17PM +0100, Thomas Schmitt wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Steve McIntyre wrote:
>> Apologies for not responding earlier - swamped with other stuff
>
>I hope i showed the appropriate patience, given the low urgency
>of the problem.
>
>> ACK. I'll sort out a dependency change for libjte* shortly. It may
>> take a few days to happen, as the priorities of packages are
>> *actually* set via ftpmaster overrides.
>
>(Now i have a new Debian term to look up. :))

:-)

>Do you plan to promote libjte1 to "optional" ?

That's the plan, yes. I've just uploaded with that change, and I'll
ask ftpmaster to copy that to the overrides file too.

>I downgraded libisofs-dev to "extra" in package VCS meanwhile.
>  http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/pkg-libburnia/trunk/libisofs
>To get into effect with the next release and sponsored package
>upload.

OK, cool.

>But now i wonder why there is no complaint about mismatch of
>libisofs-dev and libjte-dev on
>  https://qa.debian.org/debcheck.php?dist=unstable&package=libisofs
>
>Is it because in
>  https://tracker.debian.org/media/packages/libi/libisofs/control-1.4.0-2
>the package libisofs-dev has no libjte-dev in "Depends:" ?
>libjte-dev only shows up in the "Source:" section.

Exactly, yes - build-deps are different and priorities don't really
matter there.

>Do i have to add libjte-dev to "Depends:" of libisofs-dev ?
>(If so: why does it work without this since oldstable ?)

That depends, I guess - what are people going to be building with
libisofs-dev? There's a lot of things that may not need libjte-dev,
maybe? I'd be tempted to just add it as a Recommends: if so.

We don't need no education.
We don't need no thought control.