Re: CD Debian Lenny

Manufacturer specifications:
http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/ibook/specs/ibook_500_late_2001.html

Debian classification:
https://www.debian.org/ports/powerpc/inst/install

  • All current Apple computers released since 2006, run on Intel processors, and boot using EFI (a successor to the earlier BIOS).
  • Older Apple computers (1998–2005) run on PowerPC processors, and boot using OpenFirmware.
  • Even older Apple computers (pre-1998 Macs) run on Motorola 68000 (m68k) processors.
Most pages refer to current (Intel-based) models, but powerpc is also a supported architecture. m68k has not been supported since etch (2007), but packages still exist in unstable.

Debian supported:
https://wiki.debian.org/DebianOnPowerPC

Current downloads:
http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/8.2.0/powerpc/iso-cd/

Installation guide:
https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/powerpc/

El 19/10/15 a les 05:23, Rick Thomas ha escrit:
Hi Art,

Is there any reason you need specifically Lenny?  Current Debian for PowerPC is Jessie, which is a couple of generations beyond Lenny.

Is it that your processor is a G3, not G4?  I don't know if the more recent Debian versions support G3 any more, but that would be a good reason for using Lenny.

In any case, the DVD iso for Lenny for PowerPC is downloadable for free at

Feel free to ask at debian-powerpc@lists.debian.org if there is anything else I or others can do to help.

Rick