Re: Help with Wheezy CD testing on Saturday

Thomas> Hi,
>> I've been trying to install using the XFCE CD on a zx6000.  The
>> boot rom doesn't recognise the CD as being bootable.  The netinst
>> CD does work.

Thomas> Google zx6000 ... Itanium CPU ... would that be ia64 ?

Yes.  It's totally EFI.

Thomas> http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/7.0.0/ia64/iso-cd/debian-7.0.0-ia64-netinst.iso
Thomas> http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/7.0.0/ia64/iso-cd/debian-7.0.0-ia64-xfce-CD-1.iso
Thomas> Does Itanium boot via BIOS compatible firmware ? Or is it

No

Thomas> already half on the way to EFI ?
It has always used EFI --- EFI was rolled out first to Itanium.

I'll be trying again on Monday -- there's just a chance the CD was
burnt badly.

And I'll try repacking as you suggested.

Peter C