Re: experiences with debian amd64 EFI test CD, build 3

On Mon, Sep 03, 2012 at 11:51:14AM +0200, Carolin Latze wrote:

>> OK, thanks for that. Hmmm, not quite sure why it's not using the
>> existing partition here. Do you have anything important on the Debian
>> system yet? Could you try a reinstall and grab the syslog off for me
>> please?
>
>Yes, ok, I can do that. I will use another HD, and reinstall the same
>setup there. By doing that I can also be sure that error did not come up
>due to a mistake I made :-)

*grin*

>What do you want me to do in detail? Use the EFI installer, don't create
>an EFI boot partition and if the error shows up, create one, finish
>installation and send the syslog to you?

Ish. Please run the installation again, at least up until the point
where it recognises (or not) the Windows EFI boot partition. If you
can send logs at that point, that would be great. You'll probably need
to copy them off onto the hard drive somewhere else, or onto a USB
stick. I'm hoping there will be a clue in the logfile, then I'll
probably give you replacements for a couple of the installer packages
or a new image with more debug in the right area. OK?

Thanks for helping with this, it's invaluable.

"This dress doesn't reverse." -- Alden Spiess