Re: Wheezy release: CDs are not big enough any more...

[Steve McIntyre]
> (http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/amd64/ch04s03.html.en)

While it is refreshing to see "cat debian.iso > /dev/sdX" instead of
the usual dd nonsense (it seems there's an extremely widespread myth
that you need to use dd any time you're reading or writing block
devices), I think "cp" is even more straightforward.  Bonus: you can
easily run it with sudo.  ("sudo cat debian.iso > /dev/sdX" does not
do what a novice might think.)

Though I suppose it might be annoying to those who feel the need for
alias cp='cp -i' in .bashrc.  But hey, it's their choice to be annoyed
by things like this.  (: