Re: Wheezy release: CDs are not big enough any more...

On Dom 13 May 2012 21:40:10 Marco d'Itri escribió:
[snip]
> Does anybody actually know that people routinely try to install desktop
> systems with only a CD and no networking, and why?
> What is the use case for this? Cheap DVD readers have been around for
> over 10 years now.

Actually, I was going to ask exactly that. To the best of my knowledge, CDROM
players have been out of stock for a while (more than two years?) Normally
people will buy a DVDROM player. Well, at least here in Argentina :-/

Could it be reasonable to drop graphical desktops environments for one-CD
installs? If you want a GDE, get the DVD. Or two or more CDs.

Kinds regards, Lisandro.

--
http://xkcd.com/150/
Personas como ésta no se encuentran todos los días. Y cuando uno las

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/
http://perezmeyer.blogspot.com/