Re: Becoming an official mirror?

On Mon, 2 Aug 2010, Carlos Carvalho wrote:

Mattias Wadenstein (maswan@acc.umu.se) wrote on 2 August 2010 11:27:
>I have on occasion done explicit http redirects when the cdimage.d.o
>mirror has gotten swamped, but lately there hasn't been all that much of
>that.

On the contrary, the last point release was *extremelely* slow to
pull. It took days to get the live images.

For rsync traffic, yes, which I mentioned in the part in that paragraph that you cut away. Unfortunately rsync does not understand http-redirects though, so there isn't all that much to do about it.

/Mattias Wadenstein