Re: Missing files and reported checksum errors in i386 amd64 jigdo dvd

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 03:08:19PM +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 02:41:29PM +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>>On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 10:52:55AM +0100, ael wrote:
>>>
>>>So there really is something peculiar going on. I was looking for a tool
>>>to checksum or verify the individual deb files, but haven't found
>>>anything so far. debsig-verify and the like seem only to check installed
>>>files. I have probably forgotten something obvious.
>>>
>>>So I confirm that there is something amiss...
>>
>>Sorry guys, no joy on tracking this down on the server yet. I have
>>since finished fully commissioning the new CD builder so it's doing
>>all the dailies and weeklies. The previous set of weekly builds would
>>have been using an older set of squeeze packages as the mirror wasn't
>>totally up to date. Even that might be the cause of the problems
>>you've been seeing. Can you try again with the current set of jigdo
>>files and let me know how you get on please?
>
>Actually, scratch that. I'm seeing the problem now too. :-( More news
>as and when I have some.

Bug found and fixed. Silly coding error in the checksum code I updated
in genisoimage recently. The checksums were being calculated correctly
all along, but then the wrong value was actually written into the
template file.

I've just forced a full weekly run now with this fixed. Should be done
in a few hours.

"Further comment on how I feel about IBM will appear once I've worked out
 whether they're being malicious or incompetent. Capital letters are forecast."
 Matthew Garrett, http://www.livejournal.com/users/mjg59/30675.html