Re: Missing files and reported checksum errors in i386 amd64 jigdo dvd

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 11:58:05PM -0700, Robert Key wrote:
> Hi since the 11 April I have had problems with the jigdo builds for i386, amd64.
> i386 image2 has 2 missing files
> i386 image4 has 4 missing files which cannot be found, I have tried MANY mirror sites
>
> jigdo tells me CHECKSUM ERROR on image1 and image5, 6, 7 which are successfully build however when I run md5sum on the images they are correct.
> They match the md5sums in MD5SUM.large!
> Is there a checksum in the jigdo or template file which is incorrect?

I have been having similar problems. I posted here about the checksum
errors on the i386_DVD.6.. . Steve suggested that it might have been a
temporary problem, but I have repeated my downloads with fresh jigdo and
template files, and still see the problem.

As I reported, I *did* see a real (sha1) checksum errors.

So there really is something peculiar going on. I was looking for a tool
to checksum or verify the individual deb files, but haven't found
anything so far. debsig-verify and the like seem only to check installed
files. I have probably forgotten something obvious.

So I confirm that there is something amiss...

ael