Re: Smart Boot Manager binary in debian-cd

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 03:52:04PM +0200, Santiago Garcia Mantinan wrote:
>> I think that we should be able to drop sbm without annoying anyone as all
>> modern machines are able to boot from CD without troubles.
>
>Yes, that's true and there are some other reasons to drop it, first would be
>that sbm is dead upstream (at least there are no new versions since a long
>time ago and no movement on the lists, also... if somebody wants sbm he can
>download it from the net and create the floppy himself.

OK, cool. I'd already disabled the sbm stuff in boot-x86 when I
checked in last night. I'll remove it altogether now.

"Since phone messaging became popular, the young generation has lost the
 ability to read or write anything that is longer than one hundred and sixty
 characters."  -- Ignatios Souvatzis