Re: Debian installer CD

On Thu, 3 Apr 2008 16:12:19 +0200
Frans Pop <elendil@planet.nl> wrote:

> In theory it is possible to use a partial mirror. However, doing that
> requires a lot more effort than just creating a full mirror. This is
> mainly because you will need to work around the fact that some things
> are missing.
>
> Note that having a mirror for only a single architecture and without
> source _is_ possible and is what I have myself (see my debmirror
> script), but only having certain packages is not at all trivial.

Heh, you're not kidding.  That's a large part of why the DebianCustomCD
wiki page is an issue.  I've improved the page somewhat and made clear
the parts of the page that are about a partial mirror and which is
about actually generate the CD sets, but I'm thinking that dividing
into separate pages might make sense.  If you could remind me of where
your debmirror script is, I think I should make clear reference to it
as an option on that page.  Am I right in understanding that a single
arch takes 30-40 GB?  Or can that be made smaller?  I know what when I
first did a custom cd set I didn't have the space for much more than
the packages I specifically wanted (and the output images), which is
why I went to all the trouble.

--
And that's my crabbing done for the day.  Got it out of the way early,
strangle cute bunnies or something.   -- Michael Devore