Re: installation CD/DVD of ia64 is not being recognized on boot

Hi,

Thank you all! It worked. When I saw the amd64 I thought "Well, my CPU is Intel, not AMD, so it might be the other 64 version". If there were written x86-64 or x64, surely I wouldn't have made this mistake. At least now I know that there are more than one 64bits architectures. Life is learning!

Thank you all again! And best regards,
Rudolf

On Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 1:07 PM, Dirk Neumann <dirkneumann@gmx.ch> wrote:
On Thu, 6 Mar 2008 12:26:08 -0300
"Rudolf Hellmuth" <rudolf.hellmuth@gmail.com> wrote:

> hi
>
> A month ago, I installed Debian Etch in a i386 laptop and became very happy
> with it. Now I'm trying to install in my ia64 desktop, but the the media,
> either CD or DVD (both disc 1 of 40r3), aren't being recognized on boot. I
> haven't got any problem with the installation disc, also ia64, of the other
> distro. When I get the disc to i386 in my 64bits PC and boot, it's
> recognized, but there're problems in the installation.
>
> I don't know what to do. What's the problem with the discs?

Are you sure, that you have an ia64 (aka Itanium) desktop? 64bit on
desktop are mostly amd64 (aka x86-64, x64, em64t) so try the
amd64-images.

Dirk.